Welcome to the Grampians Peaks Trail – Gar and Werdug 3-day Hike
From this page, you can easily book the most popular 3-day/2-night itinerary (staying at Gar and Werdug hike-in campgrounds) on the Grampians Peaks Trail.
Starting at Gar Trailhead (Roses Gap Road), you will hike to Gar Hike-in Campground on Day 1, hike to Werdug Hike-in Campground on Day 2, and finish in Halls Gap on Day 3. This Grade 4 trail is very exposed to the weather and has many steep sections. It is suitable for experienced hikers with a very good level of fitness and training.
We strongly recommend you read the GPT Hiking Tips and purchase an official GPT Topographic Map from Brambuk the National Park and Cultural Centre, Halls Gap and other visitor information outlets in the region before your hike.
To book your Grampians Peaks - Gar and Werdug 3-day Hike:
- Select your preferred ‘Start Date’ using the calendar.
- Click the green box to ‘View Availability’.
- Check the availability of the hike-in campgrounds you want to stay at.
- Close ‘View Availability’ and return to the interactive map.
- Click the ‘pencil’ icon next to ‘Gar Hike-in Campground’ to edit campsite booking details
- Select the number of ‘guests’ and ‘campsites’ required.
- Click ‘Apply Changes’.
- Select if you want to ‘apply changes to this item only’ or ‘all items in my journey’
- Select ‘Close’
- Click the ‘pencil’ icon next to ‘Werdug Hike-in Campground’ to edit campsite booking details (if needed) and follow ‘Step 4’ above
- Review details of your itinerary.
- Click ‘Book Now’ button (next to ‘View Availability’) and follow steps to ‘Add & Checkout’.
- Complete booking information and payment details to finalise your booking.
- You will receive a Booking Confirmation Email within 2 hours (please check Junk folder).
If you want help with your booking, call our Customer Service Team on 13 1963.