Welcome to the Grampians Peaks Trail – Full GPT Experience (north-to-south)
From this page, you can easily book the full Grampians Peaks Trail 13-day/12-night itinerary. This itinerary is suitable for hikers who want to travel in the recommended north-to-south direction and stay at each of the 11 hike-in campgrounds along the GPT.
The GPT is a long-distance hike (164km) in the Grampians National Park (Gariwerd). The Grade 4 trail (with some Grade 5 sections) is suitable for experienced hikers with a very good level of fitness and training. Before you book this epic hike, read the brief description of the Full GPT Experience on the Parks Victoria website to help decide if this is the right hike for you.
We strongly recommend you read the GPT Hiking Tips and purchase an official GPT Topographic Map from Brambuk the National Park and Cultural Centre, Halls Gap and other visitor information outlets in the region.
To book your Grampians Peaks - Gar and Werdug 3-day Hike:
- Select your preferred ‘Start Date’ using the calendar.
- Click the green box to ‘View Availability’.
- Check the availability of all 11 hike-in campgrounds you will stay at.
- Close ‘View Availability’ and return to the interactive map.
- Click the ‘pencil’ icon next to a hike-in campground to edit campsite booking details
- Select the number of ‘guests’ and ‘campsites’ required.
- Click ‘Apply Changes’.
- Select if you want to ‘apply changes to this item only’ or ‘all items in my journey’
- Select ‘Close’
- Click the ‘pencil’ icon next to ‘Stopover at Halls Gap’ to edit details (Eg. add an extra stopover day or remove if choosing to combine sections and hike through Halls Gap)
- Review details of your itinerary.
- Click ‘Book Now’ button (next to ‘View Availability’) and follow steps to ‘Add & Checkout’.
- Complete booking information and payment details to finalise your booking.
- You will receive a Booking Confirmation Email within 2 hours (please check Junk folder).
If you want help with your booking, call our Customer Service Team on 13 1963.